Friday, March 30, 2007

A "Big" Week

Well, we made it to week 34 ... one week past when Emma was born. How exciting! And, I've been able to stay home this whole time, for which we are so praiseful. Of course, I would love to have a normal pregnancy and be up and about enjoying this time ... but, I must say I have preferred the comforts of my own home over the hospital like last time!

We went to see the perinatal dr this week. We got to see Little G bouncing around ... ok, not bouncing quite as much as space gets tighter! Interestingly, Little G has had a sudden growth spurt and is now measuring 1.5 weeks ahead!! Little G is around 6 lbs now!! That was exciting news, but struck some concern. The dr discussed my late diagnosis of gestational diabetes with Emma and suggested that I cut back on carbs and increase my protien intake. How great that Little G is measuring big if I do still deliver early. I did have a quick thought, though, that there was one advantage to delivering early last time ... smaller baby to push during delivery. The next day during one of Little G's "exercise routines", Tom was feeling my belly and said that he didn't remember Emma kicking like that. I told him that maybe it was because Emma never got this big on the inside! So, we are enjoying some new adventure and fun that we did not get to explore last time.

No comments: